United Way honors S.L. Chamber's work on Utah CompactMay 26, 2011
The United Way of Salt Lake honored the Salt Lake Chamber for "changing the tone of Utah's immigration discussion" through its work on the Utah Compact.
The recognition came at United Way's annual Celebration of Service luncheon Wednesday with presentation of the President's Award of Excellence. The charitable organization's highest award, Compassionate Leaders of the Year, went to Mark and Kathie Miller.
The following individuals and groups were also recognized with United Way awards:
- William Sederburg, Utah's commissioner of higher education — Tocqueville Society Member of the Year
- Jennifer Smith, senior vice president of Zions Bancorporation — Women's Philanthropic Network Member of the Year
- Rich Mrazik, Salt Lake City attorney — Young Leaders Member of the Year
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car—Outstanding Corporate Partner
- Goldman, Sachs & Co., Granite School District, Voices for Utah Children and the city of South Salt Lake — Outstanding Partnership for Community Change
- Allen Alexander, CEO of Savages Services Corp. — Outstanding Volunteer
MORE LIKE THIS
GET UPDATES VIA EMAIL
MEDIA CONTACT INFORMATIONJerilyn Stowe
Vice President of Marketing & Communication firstname.lastname@example.org 801.736.7709