Women's Leadership Council
Women's Leadership Council
An affiliate of United Way Worldwide National Women's Leadership Council
The Women’s Leadership Council (formerly Women's Philanthropic Network) members engage the power, wisdom, and generosity of women to create a stronger community today and for future generations. In an effort to align with the larger family of 137 separate Women's Leadership Councils from throughout the country that are affiliated with United Way Worldwide, the Women's Philanthropic Network officially changed its name to the Women's Leadership Council in February of 2013. Collectively, Women's Leadership Councils have a diverse membership of over 55,000 women who have contributed over one billion dollars in the last decade to further efforts in education.
Locally, this diverse group of 178 dedicated women is taking a leading role investing in and influencing solutions to complex community issues. This past year, Women's Leadership Council welcomed 82 new members. Members invest $1,500 or more annually and collectively invested more than $500,000 in United Way of Salt Lake to support Women for Educational Achievement, an effort to empower girls and teens to complete post-secondary education and training. The Women's Leadership Council also launched a pilot program to engage its members in on-the-ground work. Members take an active role volunteering in South Salt Lake by providing classroom presentations, one-on-one mentoring, facilitating career and college tours, and conducting three-day workshops based on the popular book, StrengthsFinder 2.0. Members contributed nearly 500 volunteer hours of their time last year.
Never Underestimate the Power of Women!
To learn more about WLC's new focus of Women for Educational Achievement, CLICK HERE.
Benefits of becoming a member:
- Social Events and Membership Meetings: Relationships grow personally and professionally from a variety of events and meetings throughout the year
- Public Policy & Advocacy: The network involves and educates members about United Way of Salt Lake's human service priorities and facilitates interaction with state legislators
- Lunch with a Legislator: Members personally interact with prominent community leaders
- Site Visits and Community Service Outreach: members enjoy organizing service activities and visiting our Neighborhood Centers and Community School sites
- United Way Worldwide Women’s Leadership Council: Members are included in a national movement of 120 local United Way’s that mobilize the power of women to advance the common good
Giving Levels for WLC:
- $10,000 (Women of Tocqueville)
Members can "fast track" to join at the $1,500 level or to reach a new level of giving. Fast tracking allows members to reach the membership giving investment or achieve the next giving level in increments.For more WLC information contact:Zenia Frendt, Leadership Giving Director
Womens Leadership Council/Tocqueville Society