How We Work to Change The Odds
A collective impact approach to community problem solving
No one organization alone in isolation can solve complex community problems. Collective Impact requires that everyone work together in partnership – businesses, cities, government, schools, churches, foundations, and nonprofit organizations – to tackle our most pressing challenges and develop lasting solutions.
Tell your friends how collective impact is changing the odds!
Together, we work to:
- Create a common agenda of clearly defined objectives for community-level change
- Measure success by sharing data and being mutually accountable for results
- Align all resources and programs into mutually reinforcing strategies to support community-level results
- Operate in an environment of constant communication and continuous improvement
Within this framework, United Way of Salt lake plays a backbone role, assuring these elements are in place in every neighborhood.
As a backbone organization, United Way of Salt Lake:
- Guides vision
- Aligns strategies
- Builds public will
- Supports shared measurement
- Mobilizes funding
- Advances public policies
- Engages volunteers
by Jeff Edmondson, Bill Crim, & Allen Grossman
by Mark Kramer
by John Kania and Mark Karmer
by Fay Hanleybrown, John Kania, and Mark Kramer