United Way welcomes new board members and announces committee membersJuly 1, 2011
Author: Jerilyn Stowe
For Immediate Relseas
July 1, 2011
SALT LAKE CITY— Today, United Way of Salt Lake welcomed eleven new members to its Board of Directors, now comprised of 50 leaders. The organization also confirmed new members of the Board’s Executive Committee. United Way of Salt Lake’s Board members are prominent corporate and community leaders who volunteer their time to further the mission and goals of the organization.
United Way of Salt Lake’s Board of Directors guarantees legal, fiduciary and fiscal accountability. The board also ensures the organization functions by its own bylaws and policies and within the laws of the land. As community leaders, board members use their personal and professional influence to accomplish United Way of Salt Lake’s mission to improve lives and build strong communities by uniting individuals with the passion, expertise, and resources needed to solve problems."We warmly welcome these new additions to our Board of Directors," said Deborah Bayle, President and CEO. “Their knowledge, passion and diverse leadership skills will help United Way of Salt Lake work to create a community where everyone can learn, grow and thrive. United Way of Salt Lake will benefit greatly from the depth of professional experience they bring."
The following Board members begin their terms on July 1, 2011 and will serve three years:
- Mark Bouchard, Senior Managing Director, CB Richard Ellis
- Chris Bray, Executive Director, Children’s Service Society
- Christine Buckley, Chief Financial Officer, Swire Coca-Cola, USA
- Julie Fisher, State Representative, Utah House of Representatives
- Kem Gardner, Chairman, The Gardner Company
- Neil Hafer, General Manager, Enterprise Holdings, Inc.
- Benjamin McAdams, Senator, Utah State Senate
- Kevin Salmon, Vice President, Sales and Client Solutions, O.C. Tanner
- Jane Shock, Vice President, U.S. Banking, American Express
- Jennifer Smith, Senior Vice President and Director of Internal Audit, Zions Bancorporation
- Craig Wagstaff, Senior Vice President, Questar Gas Company
New Board members were nominated for their leadership positions in business, government, or community organizations, their dedication to our community’s priority issues, and the expertise and experience that they bring to United Way of Salt Lake. Selected by a nominating committee of current Board members, the new members are eligible to serve up to two three-year terms.
The Board has also voted in its 2011-2012 Executive Committee members, who include:
- Chair, Mona Burton, Partner, Holland & Hart LLP
- Vice-Chair and Nominating Chair, Allen Alexander, Chairman, President and CEO, Savage Services Corporation
- Human Investment Campaign Chair, Kem Gardner, The Gardner Company
- Resource Development Chair, George Hofmann, Executive Vice President, Zions Bank
- Immediate Past Chair, Tom Love, President, Love Communications
- Corporate Secretary, Kathie Miller, Trustee, The Mark & Kathie Miller Foundation
- Community Impact Chair, John Milliken, President, Milcom, Inc.
- Corporate Governance and Ethics Chair, Ray Pickup, President and CEO, Workers Compensation Fund
- Davis County Liaison, Sean M. Slatter,President and CEO, Logistic Specialties, Inc.
- Administration and Finance Chair, Scott C. Ulbrich, President, Moreton Financial Solutions
- Public Policy Chair, Mike Zody, Attorney, Parsons Behle & Latimer
- Audit Chair, Craig Zollinger, President and CEO, JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A., Utah