2014 Annual Report
The primary purpose of 2-1-1 is to support community and state agencies and nonprofit organizations, empower individuals and families with information and knowledge, and connect people to resources and volunteer opportunities. See the specific ways that we were able to accomplish this level of community support over this past year.
Notable 2013 - 2014 Milestones
- Moved to full live answer coverage 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Integrated a live chat feature on the 2-1-1 Utah website
- Scheduled 11,000 free-tax assistance appointments as a partner with the Earn it. Keep it. Save it. program
- Partnered with Take Care Utah to help Utahns find and enroll in health care coverage. 125,000 people educated about health care options, 183 people were enrolled in full health care coverage.
- Launched a community outreach initiative to raise awareness and expand efforts. – participated in 30 community events; handed out 2,334 flyers, trained and educated 45 agencies and engaged 1,641 people
United Way 2-1-1 provides a critical service statewide to more than 100,000 callers annually. The 2-1-1 Service Snapshot showcases the inner workings of our 2-1-1 program and the types of calls received each year. United Way 2-1-1 strives to be a social barometer, indicating the current needs of our communities and demonstrating where needs are being met for residents of Utah.